Online casinos have made numerous advancements since they were introduced in the wide web about two decades ago. One of these major steps is the development of live dealer casinos. As much as online casinos offer games that reflect brick and mortar casino, they do not come with the realistic feeling of sitting at a table and interacting with dealers and other gamblers. This is where live dealer casinos come in. The arrival of this option helped bridge the gap between online and brick and mortar casinos.
Live dealer casinos consist the use of human dealers in conducting the game. The game is streamed live from the provider’s offices via webcam. The gamblers are also involved in the game as they would have in an actual house. Mostly, they are provided with the option to interact with other gamblers at the table as well as the dealer. This option appeals most to players who do like the environment of a brick and mortar casino rather than wagering on software powered games, where one plays against the odds rather than a real life dealer.
The variance between live dealer casinos and the usual online casinos is quite thin. However, the difference is quite significant to gamers who enjoy the thrill of location-based houses. The dealer, cards, and table used make the variation between the two versions quite big. Other than that, everything else is the same straight from the odds to the rules governing the games.
Factor to Consider When Selecting a Live Dealer Casino
Live dealer casinos come in a wide array of options. As much as this is a pro since gamblers are spoilt for choice, it can also be confusing for the player to know which casino is the best to indulge in and which one to keep away from. There are a variety of criteria one can use to tell the legitimacy of one establishment over the other. Some of these factors include:
- The software used
- Numerous online gambling software producers have made the move to develop live casinos since it was introduced: these options are bound to differ from each other. Gamblers should ensure that the live casino they choose to play in offer high definition video quality to ensure that the table and the dealer can be seen clearly. Additionally, one should lean towards live casinos streamed through low latency equipment: this keeps interference from stray networks at bay. The software should also function on mobile devices.
- Variety of dealers and games
- Some casinos, such as Casumo, have been known to offer more than one live casino option: they offer one from Net Entertainment and another from Evolution Gaming. The provision of these two options gives gamblers a wider variety of dealer options to choose from as opposed to having just one.
Additionally, gamblers should be keen on the number of games being offered. Live casinos are mostly used to stream table games such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker. The wider the variety, the better the casino.
- Licensing information
- The legitimacy of an online casino can be told by the licenses they hold to operate. Some of the best online casino licensing bodies include the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, Curacao eGaming, and Gibraltar Gaming Commission. These commissions have been known to ensure gamblers are provided fair play by the gambling sites that hold their licenses.
- Security measures in place
- Since one will most probably provide personal and financial information to online casinos, it is imperative that a good security system is in place. The most popular security measure in casinos is the use of the SSL encryption system. This system ensures that hackers cannot convert client’s data into readable form.
- Cashier options
- Gamblers should ensure that the live casino offers a payment method that is convenient depending on their area of residence and processing speed. The fees incurred should also be within one’s financial capabilities.
- Customer care team
- The quality of customer care offered by a live dealer casino is a crucial deciding factor on whether to take one’s business to a gambling site or not. A good live casino will provide various ways to contact their client support team, and they should be kind, fast, and responsive in handling the issues that are presented.
The variation of games offered in each live dealer casino option is dependent on the provider of choice. Some of the best providers for live casinos include Evolution Gaming, Net Entertainment, Microgaming, and Playtech. Gamblers should keep the factors highlighted above to ensure they go for an ideal option.