Although there is no legal web betting within the country, legal luminaries advise that it is not unlawful for citizens to access online sites based abroad from the safety of their homes. It is not a punishable offence. A robust Internet network allows people to enjoy gambling at more than 200 web betting sites based outside the country. SGD is also accepted which is very convenient for the players.
2018 Gambling Laws in Singapore
There have been baseless rumors in the past that gambling at all Singaporean casinos is not legal. But people are misinformed. You can find out the truth by visiting Singaporean casinos. With regard to placing bets, there are five main laws that govern it. They are given below.
- The Betting Act.
- The Common Gaming Houses Act.
- The Betting and Sweepstake Duties Act.
- The Private Lotteries Act.
- The Casino Control Act.
It is not your fault if by studying the first four laws, you mistakenly believe that gambling is banned here. The first four laws are quite old. The administration wanted to allow the setting up of regulated Singapore casinos with the primary aim of boosting tourism. The fifth law was passed in 2006. Two new brick-and-mortar gambling institutions were set up and licenced by this act.
Popular Games and Betting
There are a good number of table games which can be quite entertaining as well as rewarding. Poker, Roulette, Baccarat, and Blackjack are much in demand. There is a wide variety of video poker titles. Besides, there are a lot of games with Asian themes like Keno, Sic Bo, and Dragon Tiger on offer.
Some of the most exciting web casino quests are slot machines. They come with spectacular graphics, awesome soundtracks, superb bonus options, and fascinating animation. Progressive slots are much in demand as they are very lucrative. The quests are based on a myriad of themes including Asian. They have been developed by some of the top software providers like Net Entertainment, Playtech, and Real Time Gaming.
Best Deposit and Withdrawal Methods for Singaporean Casino Players
It is preferable to choose Internet betting which accepts SGD as you can devote your full attention to the game without bothering about currency conversion. There are a number of secure and convenient ways through which you can deposit funds into your account. Bank transfers, credit/debit cards, e-wallets like Skrill or Neteller, and prepaid cards are the more popular and standard methods used.
Almost all the above-mentioned methods are used for withdrawals but for prepaid cards which can be used only for depositing. Withdrawing money through e-wallet is quite fast, so this method is the most preferred one. It is also anonymous as you don`t have to expose your financial or personal details to the Internet betting. Cashouts via bank transfers usually take the most time, and some charge has to be paid as well.
It is important to make yourself familiar with the rules and regulations concerning banking. You will get all the necessary details like timeframes, limits, and the charges applied for making withdrawals from this section.
Live Betting at Online Casinos
If you wish to enjoy the realistic environment of land-based platforms, then go for the numerous live dealer offerings at some of the best Singapore online casinos. This feature has become immensely popular as you can get a real-time view of what is happening. You will be convinced that there is no hanky-panky involved; everything is fair and just. You can choose from quests like Casino Hold’em, Blackjack, Baccarat, and Roulette. There are also Asian-styled titles like Bull Bull, Sic Bo, and Dragon Tiger.
Find the Best Online Casinos in Singapore in 2018
Given below are some of the best Singaporean online casinos
|Casino||Basic Information||Singaporean Casino Bonuses||Rating|
||$1000 Bonus & 200 Free Spins||5 Star|
||SG$ 4000 bonus + 50 free spins||5 Star|
||SG$ 5500 Welcome bonus||5 Star|
||$36 & 250% Bonus||4 Star|
||Bonus is $1000 & 200 free games||5 Star|
||Singaporean casino bonuses are excellent here with SG$1500 and 25 free spins||5 Star|
||You can look forward to a matching welcome bonus of $5300.||4 Star|
Brief History of Gambling in Singapore
The greatest lovers of gambling are Australians. Players from Singapore are in the second place. For a long time, the government was not very keen on giving a boost to this industry and had made many laws that restricted betting. The introduction of the Casino Control Bill in 2006 brought about a welcome change which increased tourism and thereby the economy. The gambling industry has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years.
One of the biggest benefits of online gambling in Singapore is that you can use both the local SGD as well as the global currency, USD. So, you do not have to worry about currency conversion and can focus on your game. You are also assured of 24-hour support. You can contact their helpdesk anytime using a toll-free number.
Frequently Asked Questions at Singaporean Casinos
Are there any governmental or regulatory organisations monitoring the gambling business?
Yes, there are regulatory bodies which supervise the gambling business in this city-state. They are:
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- Media Development Authority (MDA).
The above 3 bodies monitor issues relating to some parts of the Remote Gambling Act, e.g., blocking of payment and access to certain sites.
- Singapore Totalisator Board which supervises the functioning of Singapore Pools (Private) Limited and Singapore Turf Club, the two big names in the Singaporean gambling industry involved in horse racing and various other forms of betting.
- Casino Regulatory Authority (CRA) which monitors and ensures that the provisions of the Casino Control Act are followed completely. It has the authority and licencing framework to supervise the functioning of brick-and-mortar betting institutions.
- Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSFD).
- National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG).
The last two bodies have been created to reduce the problem of gambling addiction. Adequate social measures have been put in place to deal with it.
Is there any law that specifically deals with online gambling in that country?
Yes, there is a law known as the Remote Gambling Act which prohibits any online gambling. The Ministry of Home Affairs has exempted the Singapore Pools (Private) Limited and Singapore Turf Club from the provisions of this Act.
What is the licencing framework for gambling activity done online?
An individual or a corporate body can request for a certificate to be exempted under the provisions of the Remote Gambling Act. Such online Singaporean casinos offer the following:
- hosting of the necessary and related Internet material;
- web gambling services while simultaneously pursuing some other lawful commercial activities in Singapore;
- such regulated Singaporean casinos are completely controlled.
Are there any restrictions or limitations in place for the recommended Singaporean online casinos listed in that country?
Yes, it is an offence for any individual within or outside the country to do the activities mentioned below.
- Set up, monitor or control web betting for the benefit of other people or invite them to do so remotely through the Internet or any other means within the territory of
- Accept, receive, place or make bets online or any other remote means.
- Hand out rewards for Internet
- Give out cash or any other prize to those who win bets in web
- Smooth the progress of other people for taking part in web
- Encourage others or give outside support to them for carrying out any of the above acts which come under the purview of illegal Internet
Which forms of web activities are exempted under the Remote Gambling Act?
- There are no restrictions on the kind of quests mentioned below.
- All the quests where the web gamers are not supposed to win cash or any product which can be later swapped for cash.
- All the quests where the gamers can buy or win game advancement features like arms, ammunition, equipment or other assets used for winning the quests. But the same should not be later exchanged for cash.
All the quests where players are each given a rank. But these positions should not be used to win cash prizes.