Mobile gambling has lugged behinds its PC counterpart for a long time due to compromised quality. However, technology has reached a peak point where smartphones and tablets can support games as easily as desktop computers.
Mobile phones have become a convenient platform for gamblers to access slot machines. Pokies, being the most popular of all casino games, are available on the gadgets in large quantities. The games come in a wide range of varieties, including different developers, designs, and payouts. This review delves into everything there is to know about mobile slots.
Mobile Slots’ Gameplay
Mobile slots are no different from the PC when it comes to the gameplay procedure. These games are valued for their use of a simple playing approach, which suits both new and seasoned punters. Video slots may vary in the steps taken to execute gameplay, but they mostly go as follows:
- Register an account in a casino and make a deposit.
- Launch a game-review site or casino when looking to play free mobile slots.
- Choose an ideal slot machine according to your theme, stake limits, payouts, and bonus preferences.
- Adjust the bet lines to remain active on the playtable. It is recommended to activate all of them since they increase the chances of triggering a winning combination.
- Adjust the number of coins to use on each of the chosen lines, and in most cases, the value of credits used in these coins can be changed.
- In casino slots that use win ways or nonadjustable bet lines, skip to selecting the desired coin or credits value.
- Send the reels rolling using the spin button, which is often shown as a curved arrow or a spelt-out word.
- Use autoplay as an alternative, which spins the reels for a preset number of times.
The gameplay procedure is the same in real money and free slots mobile versions. The only difference comes in the bet values that are allowed or the selection of active bet lines. No skill can be applied to influence the characters that land on the reels. Nonetheless, the experience can be better when you play in a reliable mobile casino that offers fairness and security. Also, aim for pokies with high RTP rates since they are likely to provide more wins than those with low payout percentages.
The Difference Between Mobile and Desktop Slots
Mobile and PC pokies are usually similar in almost every aspect from their build to how they operate. Online gaming software providers use cross-platform technology in most games to ensure that they remain the same on both gadgets. The only main contrast in their appearance is shrunken graphics to accommodate the small screens of mobile devices. Mobile slots hold the advantage of portability over desktop computer versions. People always have their smartphones by the hip, which makes it possible to access slot games anywhere with an internet connection.
Types of Mobile Slots
Free mobile slots come in different shapes and sizes to suit a variety of smartphones. The most notable trait used to tell them apart is the operating system on which they are accessed, and they include:
- Android slots: When mobile slots started flooding the market, they were mostly targeted at gadgets using the Android operating system. Most of these slots were created using the Java and Flash Player, both of which have since been overtaken by HTML5 technology. Android slot apps are available through the Google Play Store, in most cases.
- iPhone slots: The iOS operating systems used in the iPhone stand for the second largest market share after Android, making it an excellent option for slot games. The mobile slot apps on the gadgets are accessible in the Apple Store.
- iPad slots: These slots are similar to those of the iPhone since the iPad runs using the iOS operating system. The free slot apps are also downloadable through the Apple Store.
- Mobile slots: Mobile slots refer to pokies that are accessible directly on the internet through web browsers. Usually, they run using HTML5 tech and do not require any app installation.
The Best Free Slots Apps
Mobile slots are available in the thousands, but some of them stand out from the lot and gain significant fan bases. Some of the best slots apps include:
- Thunderstruck 2: This slot is a sequel to the famous Microgaming’s Thunderstruck. The game focuses on the Norse god Thor as well, but with improved graphics. The game features 243 win ways on five reels, which accept stakes of between 0.30 and 15 credits.
- Book of Ra: This mobile slot first gained popularity in location-based casinos, which demanded the creation of an online version. The game has an Egyptian theme that is created using traditional graphics that make it part of the classic era.
- Book of Dead: Book of Dead is Play’n GO’s take on the Book of Ra series that documents the adventures of Rich Wilde as he explores the treasures of ancient Egypt. The most notable feature of the game is the free spins bonus, which includes an expanding symbol.
- Starburst: Starburst is among NetEnt’s most popular pokies. The game bears an intriguing yet straightforward gem theme that is displayed in the cosmos. Five reels and ten bet lines make up the slot’s grid.
- Guns N’ Roses: Guns N’ Roses is a legendary rock band that has a branded slot from NetEnt with the same name. The game highlights some of the best hits from the musicians along with unique bonuses like wilds, free spins, and mini-games.
Mobile slots are at the disposal of nearly every smartphone user as long as they have an internet connection. Both demo and real money gameplay can be enjoyed on the gadgets.
Are mobile slots available to play for free?
Yes, they are. Online gaming software developers create free mobile casino slots along with their real money releases. These games mirror the appearance, payouts, betting limits, and bonus features of the cash slots. Any collected wins when you play for fun are provided as fake coins that cannot be cashed out.
Do mobile slots accept real money bets?
Yes, they do. They are developed to suit real money players. Unlike when you opt to play for fun, these mobile slot versions are only available in casinos after opening an account and depositing some cash. The real money mobile slots can also be played using bonuses and promotions that are awarded in the gambling establishments.
Is a download necessary to play mobile slots?
The download availability of a slot varies from one title to another. In most cases, pokies are developed for instant play, which makes them accessible on web browsers only. The use of HTML5 technology also negates the necessity for a flash player download. Some software providers, like Microgaming, go the extra mile to provide mobile apps for their pokies, which allows them to be installed and played even when offline.
What strategies can be used to beat mobile slots?
Mobile slots use RNGs to produce the results of each spin, which makes it impossible to predict a winning round. Though there are some tips to follow that can improve your chances. For instance, you can choose a reputable mobile casino and play games with high RTP rates. Also, manage your bankroll to place the highest possible stake but also ensure it lasts for many rounds.
Can I win progressive jackpots in mobile pokies?
Yes, you can. Mobile casinos, like PC casinos, feature progressive jackpots as a key attraction feature. Some of the included pots usually range in the millions, like in Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune pokies. Others have smaller amounts, like Divine Fortune, but they are still life-changing. The rules about collecting the pooled prizes vary from one game to another.