About Sumatran Storm SlotAfter Siberian Storm comes…Sumatran Storm. Actually, this slot machine has initially been presented to land-based audience in IGT casinos and had an immense success so that the multinational manufacturer made a brave decision to develop the same game for an online access. To what Sumatran Storm owes its big share of success? Well, no words are needed, just look at the way the reel panel is organized and reach obvious conclusions. The unique system with adjacent reels behind Sumatran Storm slots game proves that modern slot machines are not restricted to 5x3 formats with a limited number of paylines.
Choose Casino to Play Sumatran Storm for Real Money
Sumatran Storm Preview
Tiger concept was already used in Sumatran predecessor – Siberian Storm, so basically IGT created a little spinoff, an extension of the original with the orange beast instead of the white one. In fact, Sumatran Storm takes after one of the largest Indonesian islands where evidently Sumatran Tiger dwells. And IGT did some serious digging in order for their game to be a credible entry at casinos. The background and musical arrangement try to convey the great culture of Sumatra. So, the machine has atmosphere, coloring, style and intriguing twists inside.
Placed on a fiery backdrop, Sumatran Storm thrills imagination with amazing scenery. But there is much more to the game than simple graphical representation. Sumatran Storm slot machine makes a genuine reel feast, heating things up with a decent range of delightful features like MultiWay Xtra Wins, freespins with great Stacked Features and some other inviting advances.
- 720 Ways To Win – MultiWay Xtra provides a path to 720 various combinations on the reels. Unique reel positioning, sometimes called ‘handheld fan’, allows to allocate wins according to adjacent matches rather than strict lined combinations. Land any symbol on any position and then another to the adjacent column to complete combination – that is why Sumatran Storm has technically 720 compounds to build on the reels. However, MultiWay Xtra brings in a problem of extremely high volatility, so the game might be considered a progressive jackpot without jackpot.
- Wild Tigers – the real image of Sumatran Storm is, of course, Sumatran Tiger, which plays here a significant role of a Wild symbol. The Tiger profile will be substituting for all regular symbols apart from bonus-based ones as otherwise it would be a powerful stunt to trigger bonus rounds. Tigers, though, do not appear chaotically. Sumatran Storm lands Wildcards on reels 2, 3 and 4 only. Besides, the same disposition is applied to freespins – Sumatran Tigers will help you to walk through free games as fruitful as possible.
- Precious Stones – Sumatran Storm also utilizes an old trick with instant cash prizes through dedicated Scatter symbols. Precious Stone icon, depending on the number, would fetch you from x2 to x50 to your total bet for a five-of-a-kind. Scatters do not have to appear on adjacent strips and can land basically anywhere.
How to play
Sumatran Storm slot is a game which may baffle punters for a while in attempts to figure out how the machine operates. The gaming panel contains a load of various buttons as well as the upper one, so check the following guide out to get to grips with Sumatran business:
- Coin Value sets an amount of money casino players are going to wager per round. Note that there are no stakes per line and Sumatran Storm asks for fixed bets.
- Settings next to Auto Spin opens options for graphics quality. Sumatran Storm is an HD machine, but in case your mobile device or computer freezes the picture, it makes sense to change settings to lower quality.
- Volume settings can be found in the upper-right angle. Sumatran Storm is a bit loud slot machine, and you may want to shut it down a little.
- Pays displays the paytable and general rules on symbols, features and gameplay. Some more additional information can be found in ‘Info’ section right where volume settings are situated.
Sumatran Storm provides a unique ecosystem for freespins. First off, trigger the bonus by catching Tiger Eye anywhere on five consecutive reels. This combo rewards players with 5 rounds to go. Free Games are easily retriggerable, but here comes a twist: some Bonus Icons are stacked, so it is possible to gather up to 60 rounds at a time. Sumatran Storm has a different reel set during the bonus, with more plentiful Wildcards coming in stacks as well. In addition, the middle reel houses Wild, Scatter and Bonus symbols only which allows to win real money even through 5 initial rounds.
To reactivate the bonus and get another five rounds punters have to collect a special Bonus Retrigger on the same basis: five ones on consecutive reels. There are no restrictions on the number of reactivations, but players cannot play through more than 150 rounds per one bonus session, though. Note that freespins are played with the same coin value as the spin that triggers the bonus.
MultiWay Xtra explained
Let’s closely look at the method behind MultiWay Xtra as the information panel gives inadequate details to grasp the idea. The following example demonstrates the outcome of a round with Ace and Wild symbols landed.
|Reel 1||Reel 2||Reel 3||Reel 4||Reel 5|
Regarding Wildcards, there is one Ace on the first reel, two on the second one, three on third, and one on fourth. Now we determine the payout for this lineup:
- Firstly we count the number of Aces and Wildcards on each reel.
- Then we calculate the total number of winning ways like this – 1 * 2 * 3 * 1 = 6.
- Finally, we look up the paytable and find that four Aces are rewarded with 25 credits. Simply multiply 25 by the number of ways and get the result 150 credits.
Rules and features
Sumatran Storm by IGT is not so complicated when you get habituated around MultiWay Xtra Wins and the pattern of freespins. Speaking of general rules, there are 720 technical paylines, thus stakes are far from moderate: the lowest you buy in is 60 coins while the largest stakes goes as high as 3000 credits. This in particular makes Sumatran Storm slots an attractive piece for large bankrolls because stakes are high, but so are wins. The paytable contains four low-win card characters, three med-win pictures and the title symbol with the biggest reward among regulars. Scatters pay, too: three of them get x2 to the bet, three give x10 and five – x50.
IGT must have spent weeks to elaborate such a diversified game as Sumatran Strom, and luckily it has paid off. You are definitely going to like the unusual design and layout, but make sure your bankroll is big enough to stick around because this one has really high wagers.